Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chicago - Man, I love the city!









Adam's class had their annual 8th grade Chicago Field Trip this last week and we had a blast. Adam and mom got to go see just about everything in the city of Chicago in 3 days! We were so busy and had very little down time but we had so much fun! I forgot how much I love to be in the city! Most of the kids admitted that they would not like to live there - too many people and traffic and just way too busy. You can tell that they have been raised in a more country lifestyle. I truly love both the counrty and the city - I appreciate what each has to offer. Some people may not get the last 2 images posted above but I thought they showed the energy and constant motion you see in downtown city streets and I love the images. The tulip on the bike handle was something I saw while on the city bus to our next activity. I just couldn't resist taking the shot. Someone had just pulled a tulip, bulb and all, and laid it on someones handlebars. We passed this same spot later and I saw the flower thrown on the ground, completely wilted. I guess the bike owner didn't appreciate the gift! The first picture posted is most of Adam's class on the steps of Shedds Aquarium. We were missing a few kids but just couldn't resist the jumping shot! If you ever get the chance to visit this great city - GO! It has so much to offer and even if you don't like the city, you'll have a good time.

1 comment:

Jesy said...

I looked at these the other day.... absolutely gorgeous pics Tanya! Love the motion... loved it even before I read the captions. You are AMAZING! I even bragged about you to my assistant and showed off your pics and your scrappy pages on your blog. Like I said before lil' missy... when you coming to Colorado Springs?