The kids started school today! Hooray!! It's a parents favorite time of the year! Except when your oldest goes into 8th grade and you know it's his last year at Zion before he goes in to high school. And when your daughter starts 6th grade - the official entry into middle school and the teen scene. And when your youngest starts Kindergarten. How did I get all of these BIG milestones all at the same time? And, imagine, I haven't even shed a tear!
The kids did great. Of course, Adam and Haley are old hats at this. They were sad that they are back to the old grind - homework, volleyball and soccer practice and increasingly crazy schedules. But they were glad to see their friends again and be back at Zion. Kael jumped in to Kindergarten like it was nothing. He already knows several of the kids and he has spent so much time at Zion with Adam and Haley that he is very comfortable there. You could LITERALLY say that he has grown up there! We were supposed to be putting his stuff away in the different areas of the classroom and he disappeared. I looked around and found him playing with his new good friend Miles. They really hit it off in VBS and are on our soccer team together. I can't wait for him to make friends with all of the kids in the class but I am glad that there a few kids that he is already attached to. I think Kindergarten will be so much fun for him! Here are some pics from their first day.

1 comment:
Wow! School already! Crazy stuff. I'm going to cry like a baby when Madax goes to school!
But I have to say... "Good Job Kael!" Going to school and being excited about it... what a great attitude to have! I love and miss you all!
Post a Comment